Big Lift Up - invite only
Please register via https://shop.britishweightlifting.org/checkout
Video property of British Weight Lifting
Big Lift Up
Big Lift Up
Please register first via
Your entry will be moderated and will be deleted if you haven't registered first using the link https://shop.britishweightlifting.org/checkout
Big Lift Up will run as a virtual competition. The competition will be open to all BWL members.
Classed as a Tier 3 event the results from the competition can be used for rankings and qualification to future national events.
Results from this competition cannot be used for new records.
Weigh in video
1. ‘The Lifter’ will be given a 1.0kg addition / discretion to their bodyweight, for their outfit.
E.g. a lifter weighing 64kg in clothing will be considered as weighing 63kg
2. The Lifter must weigh-in wearing the same outfit they wear during all 6 submission attempts
E.g. T-shirt & Leggings or an all in one Lifting suit
3. The Lifter must weigh-in without footwear or accessory equipment
E.g. Knee Sleeves or Belt
4. The Scale must have a digital display , digital bathroom scales are acceptable
5. The Scale’s digital display must be visible, and the Lifter must be fully visible when stepping onto the scale throughout the weigh-in video.
if you are unsure what you must do, watch the weigh-in video by going to the British Open Series page on the BWL website where the weigh-in and lift videos are available to watch.
6. The ‘Weigh-in Video’ must contain a time stamp (Date & Time)
Lift attempt videos
7. The ‘Lifting Video’ must contain a time stamp
8. Lifts must be completed within 3 hours of your weigh in.
E.g. Weigh in filmed at 10:00, Lifts filmed between 10:00 and 13:00.
9. The submission video may contain up to;
Three (3) attempts of the snatch lift
Three (3) attempts of the Clean & Jerk lift
10. The ‘Lifting Video’ must;
Be a maximum of 7 minutes long (you can edit a longer video to make it shorter, this is why the timestamps must be visible)
Capture an unobscured view of the Bar, Weight Plates and Lifter from the start to the end of the lift
The camera must be placed directly in front of the lifter and raised to approximately chest height.
All Weight Plates must be in kilograms.
2.5kg collars, clips or plastic clamps MUST be used for all lifts, if you do not have this equipment you must inform BWL failure to do so may result in the lifts being judged as `no lifts`
If you are using competition colour weight plates, you must show the plates on one side of the bar before or after each attempt/ lift. the bar does not need to be unloaded to show the plates.
If you are not using competition colour weight plates, you must unload and show the plates on one side of the bar before or after each attempt/ lift.
Virtual Submissions may be rejected for the following reasons;
11. The Lifter must not use Pulling straps
12. The Submissions must include a ‘Weigh in Video’
13. ‘Lifting Videos’ that do not display the Weight in Kg of Weight plates after a lift will be rejected.
14. Videos filmed from the ground or from the side will not be accepted.
15. Lifting videos filmed outside of the entry period will not be accepted.
16. BWL may disqualify or reject a submission for any other reason that is in clear contradiction with the principles of weightlifting competition and virtual competition integrity.
For more information or queries about entering the British Open Series please contact British Weight Lifting by emailing email@example.com or call