August Virtual Open 2022
August Virtual Open 2022
01 August to 31 August 2022
Entry fee: £15
lifter please refrain from using loud, explicit and offensive music in the back ground
Click play button to view example attempt video
Video property of British Weight Lifting
Virtual Welsh Autumn Open 2022
The August Virtual Open 2022 will be a virtual event, using the same system as the 2021 Open Series. The competition will be open to all Welsh members and will be certified as a Tier 2 event. This means results from the competition will be listed on the BWL rankings and and can be a qualification to future national events.
All virtual competitions require competitors to display honesty and integrity when taking part and we are confident that the weightlifting community can and will demonstrate these values.
The August Virtual Open 2022 will run as a virtual competition. The competition will be open to all Welsh members.
Certified as a Tier 2 event the results from the competition can be used for rankings and qualification to future national events.
Results from this competition cannot be used for new records.
There are no qualification standards to enter the August Virtual Open 2022
There is no cap on entry numbers.
Entries will cost £15.00.
To enter you will need to film yourself making three attempts at the snatch and clean & jerk and upload them to the competition webpage.
Please note that you are permitted to upload videos of three attempts per lift (Snatch and Clean & Jerk) when entering any virtual competition. We strongly encourage lifters to submit videos of all the available attempts to avoid missing out on a total due to a ‘no-lift’ decision for a single attempt video.
All entries for virtual competitions must be performed during the entry period for the competition. For example the British Open Series 3 is open from midday on 01 March until midday on 31 March, and all lift videos must be timestamped within this period to be eligible. Videos with a timestamp outside the entry period will not be accepted for entry.
Entries will open at 1200 midday on Monday 1 August
Entries will close as 1200 midday on Wednesday 31 August
Results will be published in early September
Age groups and results
The August Virtual Open 2022 will recognise four age groups;
Development (U12) Aged 12 or below on 31 December 2022
Youth (U17) Aged 17 or below on 31 December 2022
Senior Aged 18 to 34 on 31 December 2022
Masters* Aged 35 or above on 31 December 2022
SMF formula will be used to rank the masters lifters on the results table
Weigh in video
1. ‘The Lifter’ will be given a 1.0kg addition / discretion to their bodyweight, for their outfit.
E.g. a lifter weighing 64kg in clothing will be considered as weighing 63kg
2. The Lifter must weigh-in wearing the same outfit they wear during all 6 submission attempts
E.g. T-shirt & Leggings or an all in one Lifting suit
3. The Lifter must weigh-in without footwear or accessory equipment
E.g. Knee Sleeves or Belt
4. The Scale must have a digital display , digital bathroom scales are acceptable
5. The Scale’s digital display must be visible, and the Lifter must be fully visible when stepping onto the scale throughout the weigh-in video.
if you are unsure what you must do, watch the weigh-in video by going to the British Open Series page on the BWL website where the weigh-in and lift videos are available to watch.
6. The ‘Weigh-in Video’ must contain a time stamp (Date & Time)
Lift attempt videos
7. The ‘Lifting Video’ must contain a time stamp
8. Lifts must be completed within 3 hours of your weigh in.
E.g. Weigh in filmed at 10:00, Lifts filmed between 10:00 and 13:00.
9. The submission video may contain up to;
Three (3) attempts of the snatch lift
Three (3) attempts of the Clean & Jerk lift
10. The ‘Lifting Video’ must;
Be a maximum of 7 minutes long (you can edit a longer video to make it shorter, this is why the timestamps must be visible)
Capture an unobscured view of the Bar, Weight Plates and Lifter from the start to the end of the lift
The camera must be placed directly in front of the lifter and raised to approximately chest height.
All Weight Plates must be in kilograms.
2.5kg collars, clips or plastic clamps MUST be used for all lifts, if you do not have this equipment you must inform BWL failure to do so may result in the lifts being judged as `no lifts`
If you are using competition colour weight plates, you must show the plates on one side of the bar before or after each attempt/ lift. the bar does not need to be unloaded to show the plates.
If you are not using competition colour weight plates, you must unload and show the plates on one side of the bar before or after each attempt/ lift.
Virtual Submissions may be rejected for the following reasons;
11. The Lifter must not use Pulling straps
12. The Submissions must include a ‘Weigh in Video’
13. ‘Lifting Videos’ that do not display the Weight in Kg of Weight plates before or after a lift will be rejected.
14. Videos filmed from the ground or from the side will not be accepted.
15. Lifting videos filmed outside of the entry period will not be accepted.
16. BWL may disqualify or reject a submission for any other reason that is in clear contradiction with the principles of weightlifting competition and virtual competition integrity.
For more information or queries about entering the August Virtual Open 2022 please contact British Weight Lifting by emailing email@example.com or call